Jared Evan‘s latest project, Pieces, finds the multitalented Brooklynite reflecting on the course of his career to date—from his obscure beginnings, to his stint as a major-label signee, to his current independent status. While his journey’s been anything but a smooth ride to the top, Evan has myriad reasons to be Proud when he reflects on his accomplishments. On a new single, he summarizes his trajectory in a few poignant lines: “Growin up I remember when I used to be alone in the world I was livin’ in. / Now I’m on the road, a different city every day, and the whole world’s listening.” Frequent collaborator !llmind provides a pensive, piano-led backdrop for his verses, and another loyal colleague, Rik Cordero, directs the accompanying visuals. In addition to being available for free streaming/download in the Booth, Jared Evan’s Pieces EP can now be purchased via iTunes.
Written by richard on 01/9/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.