Jared Evan‘s latest project, Pieces, finds the multitalented Brooklynite reflecting on the course of his career to date—from his obscure beginnings, to his stint as a major-label signee, to his current independent status. While his journey’s been anything but a smooth ride to the top, Evan has myriad reasons to be Proud when he reflects on his accomplishments. On a new single, he summarizes his trajectory in a few poignant lines: “Growin up I remember when I used to be alone in the world I was livin’ in. / Now I’m on the road, a different city every day, and the whole world’s listening.” Frequent collaborator !llmind provides a pensive, piano-led backdrop for his verses, and another loyal colleague, Rik Cordero, directs the accompanying visuals. In addition to being available for free streaming/download in the Booth, Jared Evan’s Pieces EP can now be purchased via iTunes.
Written by richard on 01/9/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.