The 135th entry in our DJBooth.net Freestyle Series comes courtesy of Jared Evan, the singer/songwriter/emcee who earned reader acclaim for What I Want, Reign and They Don’t Look at Me the Same. On his brand new, exclusive The Opposite of Singing freestyle, the Zone 4/Interscope signee flows over original boardwork by D-que. Jared Evan is currently gearing up for performances at Interscope‘s Super Bowl Party, the CIAA tournament in North Carolina, and this year’s South by Southwest festival. In anticipation of the late-summer release of his first studio album, the artist will be releasing an official single in early spring. Also coming this spring is an expanded edition of Evan’s debut mixtape, Radio in My Head.
Written by richard on 02/2/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.