One Good Thing about Jared Evan is the heart he puts into his songs… one good thing about Jared Evan is his versatility—since it would probably take me all day to list off the Booth fave’s many admirable qualities, I’ll stop right there. On the latest single off his DJBooth-hosted The 4th Chapter EP, the unsigned Renaissance musician takes on a similarly enormous subject, attempting to communicate the many large and small ways in which music has improved his life, ultimately shaping him into the artist and man he is today. Frequent collaborator !llmind hooks up with Illfactor behind the boards, crafting an upbeat, string-laced backdrop for verses that will be profoundly relatable to anyone who cares enough about melody, harmony, rhythm and poetry to frequent The DJBooth. Complete with intimate visuals directed by Rik Cordero, this joint is one of many outstanding inclusions to be found on Evan’s latest street release, available for free streaming and download from our mixtape page, as well as for purchase on iTunes.
Written by richard on 08/28/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.