One Good Thing about Jared Evan is the heart he puts into his songs… one good thing about Jared Evan is his versatility—since it would probably take me all day to list off the Booth fave’s many admirable qualities, I’ll stop right there. On the latest single off his DJBooth-hosted The 4th Chapter EP, the unsigned Renaissance musician takes on a similarly enormous subject, attempting to communicate the many large and small ways in which music has improved his life, ultimately shaping him into the artist and man he is today. Frequent collaborator !llmind hooks up with Illfactor behind the boards, crafting an upbeat, string-laced backdrop for verses that will be profoundly relatable to anyone who cares enough about melody, harmony, rhythm and poetry to frequent The DJBooth. Complete with intimate visuals directed by Rik Cordero, this joint is one of many outstanding inclusions to be found on Evan’s latest street release, available for free streaming and download from our mixtape page, as well as for purchase on iTunes.
Written by richard on 08/28/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.