One Good Thing about Jared Evan is the heart he puts into his songs… one good thing about Jared Evan is his versatility—since it would probably take me all day to list off the Booth fave’s many admirable qualities, I’ll stop right there. On the latest single off his DJBooth-hosted The 4th Chapter EP, the unsigned Renaissance musician takes on a similarly enormous subject, attempting to communicate the many large and small ways in which music has improved his life, ultimately shaping him into the artist and man he is today. Frequent collaborator !llmind hooks up with Illfactor behind the boards, crafting an upbeat, string-laced backdrop for verses that will be profoundly relatable to anyone who cares enough about melody, harmony, rhythm and poetry to frequent The DJBooth. Complete with intimate visuals directed by Rik Cordero, this joint is one of many outstanding inclusions to be found on Evan’s latest street release, available for free streaming and download from our mixtape page, as well as for purchase on iTunes.
Written by richard on 08/28/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.