One Good Thing about Jared Evan is the heart he puts into his songs… one good thing about Jared Evan is his versatility—since it would probably take me all day to list off the Booth fave’s many admirable qualities, I’ll stop right there. On the latest single off his DJBooth-hosted The 4th Chapter EP, the unsigned Renaissance musician takes on a similarly enormous subject, attempting to communicate the many large and small ways in which music has improved his life, ultimately shaping him into the artist and man he is today. Frequent collaborator !llmind hooks up with Illfactor behind the boards, crafting an upbeat, string-laced backdrop for verses that will be profoundly relatable to anyone who cares enough about melody, harmony, rhythm and poetry to frequent The DJBooth. Complete with intimate visuals directed by Rik Cordero, this joint is one of many outstanding inclusions to be found on Evan’s latest street release, available for free streaming and download from our mixtape page, as well as for purchase on iTunes.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.