As a sensitive young man with a penchant for anguished soul-searching, you’d expect Jared Evan to be a magnet for girl troubles – and, judging by the recent Booth interview subject/ freestyle series alum‘s latest feature (an exclusive world premiere) you’d be right. Not Tonight finds the Northeastern singer/songwriter/rapper once again squeezing proverbial lemons into lemonade for our listening pleasure, pouring out his conflicted feelings regarding a certain female over the pensive, synth-drenched boardwork of heavyweight producer Statik Selektah. The result is both emotionally cathartic and hummably catchy – a tough combination to pull off. If you’re digging Jared Evan’s heart-on-sleeve style, you you can find more on the artist’s Radio in My Head REDUX, which has yet to receive a solid release date. In addition, keep it locked for the latest on Evan’s forthcoming Interscope debut, due out later this year.
Written by richard on 04/18/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.