As a sensitive young man with a penchant for anguished soul-searching, you’d expect Jared Evan to be a magnet for girl troubles – and, judging by the recent Booth interview subject/ freestyle series alum‘s latest feature (an exclusive world premiere) you’d be right. Not Tonight finds the Northeastern singer/songwriter/rapper once again squeezing proverbial lemons into lemonade for our listening pleasure, pouring out his conflicted feelings regarding a certain female over the pensive, synth-drenched boardwork of heavyweight producer Statik Selektah. The result is both emotionally cathartic and hummably catchy – a tough combination to pull off. If you’re digging Jared Evan’s heart-on-sleeve style, you you can find more on the artist’s Radio in My Head REDUX, which has yet to receive a solid release date. In addition, keep it locked for the latest on Evan’s forthcoming Interscope debut, due out later this year.
Written by richard on 04/18/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.