As a sensitive young man with a penchant for anguished soul-searching, you’d expect Jared Evan to be a magnet for girl troubles – and, judging by the recent Booth interview subject/ freestyle series alum‘s latest feature (an exclusive world premiere) you’d be right. Not Tonight finds the Northeastern singer/songwriter/rapper once again squeezing proverbial lemons into lemonade for our listening pleasure, pouring out his conflicted feelings regarding a certain female over the pensive, synth-drenched boardwork of heavyweight producer Statik Selektah. The result is both emotionally cathartic and hummably catchy – a tough combination to pull off. If you’re digging Jared Evan’s heart-on-sleeve style, you you can find more on the artist’s Radio in My Head REDUX, which has yet to receive a solid release date. In addition, keep it locked for the latest on Evan’s forthcoming Interscope debut, due out later this year.
Written by richard on 04/18/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.