As a sensitive young man with a penchant for anguished soul-searching, you’d expect Jared Evan to be a magnet for girl troubles – and, judging by the recent Booth interview subject/ freestyle series alum‘s latest feature (an exclusive world premiere) you’d be right. Not Tonight finds the Northeastern singer/songwriter/rapper once again squeezing proverbial lemons into lemonade for our listening pleasure, pouring out his conflicted feelings regarding a certain female over the pensive, synth-drenched boardwork of heavyweight producer Statik Selektah. The result is both emotionally cathartic and hummably catchy – a tough combination to pull off. If you’re digging Jared Evan’s heart-on-sleeve style, you you can find more on the artist’s Radio in My Head REDUX, which has yet to receive a solid release date. In addition, keep it locked for the latest on Evan’s forthcoming Interscope debut, due out later this year.
Written by richard on 04/18/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.