Still haven’t jumped on the Jared Evans bandwagon? If you haven’t seen – or heard, as the case may be – The Light by now, you may be beyond saving. Regardless, the latest single off Evan’s Booth-sponsored street album is as fresh a showcase of the Brooklyn native’s versatility as anything we’ve featured to date. As usual, the freestyle series alumnus straddles genre lines; beatsmith ill Factor‘s instrumental shapeshifts from a minimal club-pop groove (decorated with some Kanye-beloved vocal snippets from Mountain’s Long Red break) into an exhilarating pop-rock chorus. Evan rolls with the punches in characteristically fresh style, lacing the verses with sultry game-spitting and switching to a full-throated delivery on the anthemic hook, which finds him proudly proclaiming his musical chameleon-hood: “Hip-hop saved my life, rock ‘n’ roll’s my wife, so show me the light..” Have the scales finally fallen from your eyes? If so – or if you’ve been a Jared Evan devotee from the get-go – you owe it to yourself to check out his Back & Fourth street album. In addition, keep it locked for this cut’s official video, debuting sometime in the coming weeks.
Written by richard on 05/12/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)