I know what you’re thinking: Jared Evan has never shied away from channeling his angst into his work, but “Kill Me?” That’s a touch dramatic, isn’t it? Don’t fret—not only does the Zone 4/Interscope recording artist not have a death wish, but his predicament on this newly-released cut falls squarely within the category of good problems to have. The follow-up to the reader-acclaimed Traffic Light, the freestyle series alum‘s latest album leak finds him caught in the web of a female who can turn him on—and get him off—like none other. The downside, however, is that her absence sends him into unbearable withdrawal. Over project collaborator !llmind‘s grimy synth grooves, accented with My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy-style distorted vocal samples, Evan compares the woman in question to every habit-forming narcotic in the book. On the hook, he paraphrases Beck’s ‘90’s classic, Loser: “I’m addicted baby, so why don’t you kill me?” While The 4th Chapter has yet to receive a solid drop date, fans who haven’t already copped the projects can get their fix of Jared Evan by downloading one (or both) of his Booth-sponsored 2011 releases, UnCOVERED and Back & Fourth.
Written by richard on 02/21/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.