I know what you’re thinking: Jared Evan has never shied away from channeling his angst into his work, but “Kill Me?” That’s a touch dramatic, isn’t it? Don’t fret—not only does the Zone 4/Interscope recording artist not have a death wish, but his predicament on this newly-released cut falls squarely within the category of good problems to have. The follow-up to the reader-acclaimed Traffic Light, the freestyle series alum‘s latest album leak finds him caught in the web of a female who can turn him on—and get him off—like none other. The downside, however, is that her absence sends him into unbearable withdrawal. Over project collaborator !llmind‘s grimy synth grooves, accented with My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy-style distorted vocal samples, Evan compares the woman in question to every habit-forming narcotic in the book. On the hook, he paraphrases Beck’s ‘90’s classic, Loser: “I’m addicted baby, so why don’t you kill me?” While The 4th Chapter has yet to receive a solid drop date, fans who haven’t already copped the projects can get their fix of Jared Evan by downloading one (or both) of his Booth-sponsored 2011 releases, UnCOVERED and Back & Fourth.
Written by richard on 02/21/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)