I know what you’re thinking: Jared Evan has never shied away from channeling his angst into his work, but “Kill Me?” That’s a touch dramatic, isn’t it? Don’t fret—not only does the Zone 4/Interscope recording artist not have a death wish, but his predicament on this newly-released cut falls squarely within the category of good problems to have. The follow-up to the reader-acclaimed Traffic Light, the freestyle series alum‘s latest album leak finds him caught in the web of a female who can turn him on—and get him off—like none other. The downside, however, is that her absence sends him into unbearable withdrawal. Over project collaborator !llmind‘s grimy synth grooves, accented with My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy-style distorted vocal samples, Evan compares the woman in question to every habit-forming narcotic in the book. On the hook, he paraphrases Beck’s ‘90’s classic, Loser: “I’m addicted baby, so why don’t you kill me?” While The 4th Chapter has yet to receive a solid drop date, fans who haven’t already copped the projects can get their fix of Jared Evan by downloading one (or both) of his Booth-sponsored 2011 releases, UnCOVERED and Back & Fourth.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.