If you’re not on someone’s wavelength in waking life, it seems unlikely that you’d have an easier time getting through to them while they were snoozing. Nonetheless, EP standout and future single If Dreams Could Talk finds Booth fave Jared Evan fantasizing about what he’d discover, if he and his estranged girl could communicate in a nocturnal vision. Frequent collaborator !llmind mans the boards on this cut, crafting a slow-burning, keyboard-led backdrop for the Brooklyn native’s portrait of romantic alienation. Feeling it? You can find If Dreams Could Talk, recent video single Proud and much more on Pieces, available now for purchase and free digital download.
Written by richard on 01/30/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.