If you’re not on someone’s wavelength in waking life, it seems unlikely that you’d have an easier time getting through to them while they were snoozing. Nonetheless, EP standout and future single If Dreams Could Talk finds Booth fave Jared Evan fantasizing about what he’d discover, if he and his estranged girl could communicate in a nocturnal vision. Frequent collaborator !llmind mans the boards on this cut, crafting a slow-burning, keyboard-led backdrop for the Brooklyn native’s portrait of romantic alienation. Feeling it? You can find If Dreams Could Talk, recent video single Proud and much more on Pieces, available now for purchase and free digital download.
Written by richard on 01/30/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.