If you’re not on someone’s wavelength in waking life, it seems unlikely that you’d have an easier time getting through to them while they were snoozing. Nonetheless, EP standout and future single If Dreams Could Talk finds Booth fave Jared Evan fantasizing about what he’d discover, if he and his estranged girl could communicate in a nocturnal vision. Frequent collaborator !llmind mans the boards on this cut, crafting a slow-burning, keyboard-led backdrop for the Brooklyn native’s portrait of romantic alienation. Feeling it? You can find If Dreams Could Talk, recent video single Proud and much more on Pieces, available now for purchase and free digital download.
Written by richard on 01/30/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.