When you’ve got the talent, versatility and artistic vision of Jared Evan, you can make it Anywhere—in a fair world, anyway. In reality, of course, who you know is just as important as what you can do. Being considered for promotion as a single following its unintended leak on Friday, Evan’s latest finds the Zone 4/Interscope recording artist showcasing his prodigious abilities and his hella-fide connects. None other than the Neptunes handle production duties, crafting a driving pop-rock groove to back the headliner’s cryptic reflections on either the music game, a romantic relationship, or both. (On a side note, anyone else hear a little Wonderwall in the verse melody?). West Coast heavyweight Game guests, lacing the final verse with his trademark mix of hard-nosed braggadocio and rap-game metacommentary (“I know it’s n*ggas in Brooklyn that hate me and love Jay, so I chuck my deuces up, apologize the thug way…”) and Sk8board P (aka Pharrell) rounds out the lineup, stepping out from behind the boards to provide vocal support. Fans can find a snippet of this joint and much more on Back & Fourth, released in March and available here for streaming and download.
Written by richard on 12/11/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.