When you’ve got the talent, versatility and artistic vision of Jared Evan, you can make it Anywhere—in a fair world, anyway. In reality, of course, who you know is just as important as what you can do. Being considered for promotion as a single following its unintended leak on Friday, Evan’s latest finds the Zone 4/Interscope recording artist showcasing his prodigious abilities and his hella-fide connects. None other than the Neptunes handle production duties, crafting a driving pop-rock groove to back the headliner’s cryptic reflections on either the music game, a romantic relationship, or both. (On a side note, anyone else hear a little Wonderwall in the verse melody?). West Coast heavyweight Game guests, lacing the final verse with his trademark mix of hard-nosed braggadocio and rap-game metacommentary (“I know it’s n*ggas in Brooklyn that hate me and love Jay, so I chuck my deuces up, apologize the thug way…”) and Sk8board P (aka Pharrell) rounds out the lineup, stepping out from behind the boards to provide vocal support. Fans can find a snippet of this joint and much more on Back & Fourth, released in March and available here for streaming and download.
Written by richard on 12/11/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.