When you’ve got the talent, versatility and artistic vision of Jared Evan, you can make it Anywhere—in a fair world, anyway. In reality, of course, who you know is just as important as what you can do. Being considered for promotion as a single following its unintended leak on Friday, Evan’s latest finds the Zone 4/Interscope recording artist showcasing his prodigious abilities and his hella-fide connects. None other than the Neptunes handle production duties, crafting a driving pop-rock groove to back the headliner’s cryptic reflections on either the music game, a romantic relationship, or both. (On a side note, anyone else hear a little Wonderwall in the verse melody?). West Coast heavyweight Game guests, lacing the final verse with his trademark mix of hard-nosed braggadocio and rap-game metacommentary (“I know it’s n*ggas in Brooklyn that hate me and love Jay, so I chuck my deuces up, apologize the thug way…”) and Sk8board P (aka Pharrell) rounds out the lineup, stepping out from behind the boards to provide vocal support. Fans can find a snippet of this joint and much more on Back & Fourth, released in March and available here for streaming and download.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.