When you’ve got the talent, versatility and artistic vision of Jared Evan, you can make it Anywhere—in a fair world, anyway. In reality, of course, who you know is just as important as what you can do. Being considered for promotion as a single following its unintended leak on Friday, Evan’s latest finds the Zone 4/Interscope recording artist showcasing his prodigious abilities and his hella-fide connects. None other than the Neptunes handle production duties, crafting a driving pop-rock groove to back the headliner’s cryptic reflections on either the music game, a romantic relationship, or both. (On a side note, anyone else hear a little Wonderwall in the verse melody?). West Coast heavyweight Game guests, lacing the final verse with his trademark mix of hard-nosed braggadocio and rap-game metacommentary (“I know it’s n*ggas in Brooklyn that hate me and love Jay, so I chuck my deuces up, apologize the thug way…”) and Sk8board P (aka Pharrell) rounds out the lineup, stepping out from behind the boards to provide vocal support. Fans can find a snippet of this joint and much more on Back & Fourth, released in March and available here for streaming and download.
Written by richard on 12/11/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.