It’s been more than five months since Jared Evan first entered the DJBooth, but in that relatively short time the seemingly infinitely versatile singer/rapper/songwriter/musician/world class mogul skier (ok, I made that last one up) has quickly become a favorite, thanks in large part to tracks like Frozen, one of the lead singles off his Radio in My Head mixtape. Now we’re being broken off with the Frozen (Remix), a cut that takes the original’s darkly pounding production and haunting hook (courtesy of Evan, of course) and adds in a verse from gangster Freddie Gibbs, who hilariously/disturbingly compares a woman’s genitalia to a revolving door, and Rich Boy, who mysteriously decided to spit his contribution sounding like he ran a marathon before he stepped to the mic. So which will it be Booth? Remix or original? Let the debate begin. For more remixtastic music from Evan be sure to check out the re-release of his Radio in My Head mixtape, set to drop this spring.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/17/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)