It’s been more than five months since Jared Evan first entered the DJBooth, but in that relatively short time the seemingly infinitely versatile singer/rapper/songwriter/musician/world class mogul skier (ok, I made that last one up) has quickly become a favorite, thanks in large part to tracks like Frozen, one of the lead singles off his Radio in My Head mixtape. Now we’re being broken off with the Frozen (Remix), a cut that takes the original’s darkly pounding production and haunting hook (courtesy of Evan, of course) and adds in a verse from gangster Freddie Gibbs, who hilariously/disturbingly compares a woman’s genitalia to a revolving door, and Rich Boy, who mysteriously decided to spit his contribution sounding like he ran a marathon before he stepped to the mic. So which will it be Booth? Remix or original? Let the debate begin. For more remixtastic music from Evan be sure to check out the re-release of his Radio in My Head mixtape, set to drop this spring.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/17/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.