It’s been more than five months since Jared Evan first entered the DJBooth, but in that relatively short time the seemingly infinitely versatile singer/rapper/songwriter/musician/world class mogul skier (ok, I made that last one up) has quickly become a favorite, thanks in large part to tracks like Frozen, one of the lead singles off his Radio in My Head mixtape. Now we’re being broken off with the Frozen (Remix), a cut that takes the original’s darkly pounding production and haunting hook (courtesy of Evan, of course) and adds in a verse from gangster Freddie Gibbs, who hilariously/disturbingly compares a woman’s genitalia to a revolving door, and Rich Boy, who mysteriously decided to spit his contribution sounding like he ran a marathon before he stepped to the mic. So which will it be Booth? Remix or original? Let the debate begin. For more remixtastic music from Evan be sure to check out the re-release of his Radio in My Head mixtape, set to drop this spring.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/17/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.