It’s been more than five months since Jared Evan first entered the DJBooth, but in that relatively short time the seemingly infinitely versatile singer/rapper/songwriter/musician/world class mogul skier (ok, I made that last one up) has quickly become a favorite, thanks in large part to tracks like Frozen, one of the lead singles off his Radio in My Head mixtape. Now we’re being broken off with the Frozen (Remix), a cut that takes the original’s darkly pounding production and haunting hook (courtesy of Evan, of course) and adds in a verse from gangster Freddie Gibbs, who hilariously/disturbingly compares a woman’s genitalia to a revolving door, and Rich Boy, who mysteriously decided to spit his contribution sounding like he ran a marathon before he stepped to the mic. So which will it be Booth? Remix or original? Let the debate begin. For more remixtastic music from Evan be sure to check out the re-release of his Radio in My Head mixtape, set to drop this spring.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/17/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)