In the immortal words of Ferris Bueller, “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.” While you don’t need a reason to kick back and appreciate life for a couple minutes, Jared Evan‘s newly-released video single offers the perfect opportunity for a mini-vacation from the daily grind. Kicked off with a sample from Ben Stein’s famous classroom monologue (“Bueller?... Bueller?... Bueller?”), this atmospheric jam sees the singer/songwriter, emcee and producer emphasizing his and his clique’s utter indifference to societal expectations. Over !llmind‘s moody keys and boom-bap percussion, he spits, “Let me make this clear / None of us really care if you say that we are weird.” Director Nicholas Heller crafts an official video match the record’s moody, iconoclastic vibe. Ferris Bueller may or may not find its way onto Evan’s next project, a currently-untitled set scheduled for release before year’s end. Whatever the case, you can keep it locked for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 10/30/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.