In the immortal words of Ferris Bueller, “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.” While you don’t need a reason to kick back and appreciate life for a couple minutes, Jared Evan‘s newly-released video single offers the perfect opportunity for a mini-vacation from the daily grind. Kicked off with a sample from Ben Stein’s famous classroom monologue (“Bueller?... Bueller?... Bueller?”), this atmospheric jam sees the singer/songwriter, emcee and producer emphasizing his and his clique’s utter indifference to societal expectations. Over !llmind‘s moody keys and boom-bap percussion, he spits, “Let me make this clear / None of us really care if you say that we are weird.” Director Nicholas Heller crafts an official video match the record’s moody, iconoclastic vibe. Ferris Bueller may or may not find its way onto Evan’s next project, a currently-untitled set scheduled for release before year’s end. Whatever the case, you can keep it locked for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 10/30/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.