In the immortal words of Ferris Bueller, “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.” While you don’t need a reason to kick back and appreciate life for a couple minutes, Jared Evan‘s newly-released video single offers the perfect opportunity for a mini-vacation from the daily grind. Kicked off with a sample from Ben Stein’s famous classroom monologue (“Bueller?... Bueller?... Bueller?”), this atmospheric jam sees the singer/songwriter, emcee and producer emphasizing his and his clique’s utter indifference to societal expectations. Over !llmind‘s moody keys and boom-bap percussion, he spits, “Let me make this clear / None of us really care if you say that we are weird.” Director Nicholas Heller crafts an official video match the record’s moody, iconoclastic vibe. Ferris Bueller may or may not find its way onto Evan’s next project, a currently-untitled set scheduled for release before year’s end. Whatever the case, you can keep it locked for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 10/30/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.