Success in the music game may make you more attractive to the opposite sex, but there’s a catch: you also have to deal with those chicks and/or dudes who are a little too into you. Jared Evan knows what I’m talking about; on Fatal Attraction, an unreleased joint left over from his last EP release, the Booth fave recounts a close encounter with a woman whose powers of seduction are matched only by her mental instability. When Evan gets with her despite his better judgment, it’s not long before her mood takes a murderous turn, and guest emcee Nitty Scott is tasked with saving the headliner’s hide. Fresh off his work on Cruel Summer inclusion The Morning, !llmind provides a moody synth-sample beat to back the collaborators’ tale of romantic obsession. Though this record didn’t make the cut, plenty more fresh, innovative material awaits on The 4th Chapter, available now for free streamiing and download in the Booth.
Written by richard on 09/25/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.