Those who tuned in for Jared Evan‘s recent interview with DJBoothTV‘s own Jacques Morel got to see both artist and interviewer vibe out to a new mixtape joint titled Embers. Now, we’re proud to present the full record behind that tantalizing snippet – an anthemic banger about leaving the past behind and starting anew. With beatsmith iLL Factor‘s exhilarating, piano-led rock boardwork banging triumphantly in the background, the freestyle series alum delivers one of his most inspiring vocal performances to date, fondly reminiscing about his childhood before setting his gaze resolutely on what lies ahead. While some might detect a stealth allusion to one of the Old Testament’s more chilling vignettes (Seriously, peep Genesis 19:24-26 and tell me that’s a coincidence), Evan’s take is considerably more uplifting – thankfully, no one turns into a pillar of salt or any other table condiment. Digging the restlessly-creative artist’s latest opus? There’s plenty more where this came from on Evan’s Booth-sponsored Back and Fourth street album, scheduled to hit our mixtape page tomorrow evening for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 03/13/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.