Those who tuned in for Jared Evan‘s recent interview with DJBoothTV‘s own Jacques Morel got to see both artist and interviewer vibe out to a new mixtape joint titled Embers. Now, we’re proud to present the full record behind that tantalizing snippet – an anthemic banger about leaving the past behind and starting anew. With beatsmith iLL Factor‘s exhilarating, piano-led rock boardwork banging triumphantly in the background, the freestyle series alum delivers one of his most inspiring vocal performances to date, fondly reminiscing about his childhood before setting his gaze resolutely on what lies ahead. While some might detect a stealth allusion to one of the Old Testament’s more chilling vignettes (Seriously, peep Genesis 19:24-26 and tell me that’s a coincidence), Evan’s take is considerably more uplifting – thankfully, no one turns into a pillar of salt or any other table condiment. Digging the restlessly-creative artist’s latest opus? There’s plenty more where this came from on Evan’s Booth-sponsored Back and Fourth street album, scheduled to hit our mixtape page tomorrow evening for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 03/13/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.