On EP single Charlie Brown, Jared Evan revisited his years as an adolescent outcast and bullying victim, comparing himself to the doleful, prematurely-balding protagonist of Charles Schultz’ Peanuts comic strips. Needless to say, the record’s themes stuck a chord with many listeners—including quite a few fellow underground artists. The joint’s official remix, making its world premiere right here in the Booth, finds a trio of sympathetic rhymesayers joining Evan over his and original beatsmith Illmind‘s keyboard-led production. Emilio Rojas describes how he got his revenge on school-aged haters by f**king every girl in class, (and a few teachers to boot), while Wax consoles himself by imagining what his tormentors’ lives will be like in a few decades’ time. Tayyib Ali rounds out the lineup, recounting his growth from ‘hood youth to certified baller on the back. For the album version of this record and much more, check out Evan’s The Fourth Chapter EP, available now for free streaming and download. Additionally, watch for each of his collaborators to drop new albums before the year’s out.
Written by richard on 10/22/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.