On EP single Charlie Brown, Jared Evan revisited his years as an adolescent outcast and bullying victim, comparing himself to the doleful, prematurely-balding protagonist of Charles Schultz’ Peanuts comic strips. Needless to say, the record’s themes stuck a chord with many listeners—including quite a few fellow underground artists. The joint’s official remix, making its world premiere right here in the Booth, finds a trio of sympathetic rhymesayers joining Evan over his and original beatsmith Illmind‘s keyboard-led production. Emilio Rojas describes how he got his revenge on school-aged haters by f**king every girl in class, (and a few teachers to boot), while Wax consoles himself by imagining what his tormentors’ lives will be like in a few decades’ time. Tayyib Ali rounds out the lineup, recounting his growth from ‘hood youth to certified baller on the back. For the album version of this record and much more, check out Evan’s The Fourth Chapter EP, available now for free streaming and download. Additionally, watch for each of his collaborators to drop new albums before the year’s out.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.