On EP single Charlie Brown, Jared Evan revisited his years as an adolescent outcast and bullying victim, comparing himself to the doleful, prematurely-balding protagonist of Charles Schultz’ Peanuts comic strips. Needless to say, the record’s themes stuck a chord with many listeners—including quite a few fellow underground artists. The joint’s official remix, making its world premiere right here in the Booth, finds a trio of sympathetic rhymesayers joining Evan over his and original beatsmith Illmind‘s keyboard-led production. Emilio Rojas describes how he got his revenge on school-aged haters by f**king every girl in class, (and a few teachers to boot), while Wax consoles himself by imagining what his tormentors’ lives will be like in a few decades’ time. Tayyib Ali rounds out the lineup, recounting his growth from ‘hood youth to certified baller on the back. For the album version of this record and much more, check out Evan’s The Fourth Chapter EP, available now for free streaming and download. Additionally, watch for each of his collaborators to drop new albums before the year’s out.
Written by richard on 10/22/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.