On EP single Charlie Brown, Jared Evan revisited his years as an adolescent outcast and bullying victim, comparing himself to the doleful, prematurely-balding protagonist of Charles Schultz’ Peanuts comic strips. Needless to say, the record’s themes stuck a chord with many listeners—including quite a few fellow underground artists. The joint’s official remix, making its world premiere right here in the Booth, finds a trio of sympathetic rhymesayers joining Evan over his and original beatsmith Illmind‘s keyboard-led production. Emilio Rojas describes how he got his revenge on school-aged haters by f**king every girl in class, (and a few teachers to boot), while Wax consoles himself by imagining what his tormentors’ lives will be like in a few decades’ time. Tayyib Ali rounds out the lineup, recounting his growth from ‘hood youth to certified baller on the back. For the album version of this record and much more, check out Evan’s The Fourth Chapter EP, available now for free streaming and download. Additionally, watch for each of his collaborators to drop new albums before the year’s out.
Written by richard on 10/22/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.