Given the state of the Booth fave’s love life, as described in recent femme fatale anthems Bad News and The Devil Wears Prada, it would be tough to blame Jared Evan for being a little down in the dumps. Contrary to what this cut’s title may suggest, though, he doesn’t seem to be feeling Blue at all. Instead, the latest single off his collaborative debut with Statik Selektah finds him reflecting on the eclectic mixture of influences that make up his artistic DNA—from rock, to hip-hop, to funk, to (of course) the blues. Statik crafts an appropriately out-the-box backdrop for Evan’s sung and rapped ruminations, pairing boom-bap percussion with a soulfully addictive piano loop. CK directs the record’s stylized visuals. Fans can find Blue and many more genre-defying bangers on the duo’s Boom Bap & Blues LP, available now for free streaming and purchase in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 06/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.