Given the state of the Booth fave’s love life, as described in recent femme fatale anthems Bad News and The Devil Wears Prada, it would be tough to blame Jared Evan for being a little down in the dumps. Contrary to what this cut’s title may suggest, though, he doesn’t seem to be feeling Blue at all. Instead, the latest single off his collaborative debut with Statik Selektah finds him reflecting on the eclectic mixture of influences that make up his artistic DNA—from rock, to hip-hop, to funk, to (of course) the blues. Statik crafts an appropriately out-the-box backdrop for Evan’s sung and rapped ruminations, pairing boom-bap percussion with a soulfully addictive piano loop. CK directs the record’s stylized visuals. Fans can find Blue and many more genre-defying bangers on the duo’s Boom Bap & Blues LP, available now for free streaming and purchase in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 06/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.