Jared Evan’s Joey BadA$$-assisted single, Black and White, is a little like, well, black and white. Both are polar opposites, but when they’re fused together nothing looks (sounds) better. Evan displays soft, vulnerable vocals, splashed with just a touch of R&B, while BadA$$, who was recently named the Creative Director of Ecko Unltd (at just 18!), has a very grimy style, but alongside one another they sound like a match made in musical heaven. Of course it probably doesn’t hurt to have a supremely dope, vintage beat from Statik Selektah boom-bapping in the background. Want more? Of course you do. Evan’s Boom Bap & Blues LP, produced entirely by Statik Selektah, is now available on iTunes. Should you need more convincing, feel free to stream the album right here at The DJBooth.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Jared’s Rik Cordero-directed Black and White visual.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/4/13
What’s in a name? That which we call a genre, by any other name would sound as dope. True, labels do have their place. Generally speaking it’s good to know if I’m listening to ATL trap or Mongolian folk music before I...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.