Jared Evan’s Joey BadA$$-assisted single, Black and White, is a little like, well, black and white. Both are polar opposites, but when they’re fused together nothing looks (sounds) better. Evan displays soft, vulnerable vocals, splashed with just a touch of R&B, while BadA$$, who was recently named the Creative Director of Ecko Unltd (at just 18!), has a very grimy style, but alongside one another they sound like a match made in musical heaven. Of course it probably doesn’t hurt to have a supremely dope, vintage beat from Statik Selektah boom-bapping in the background. Want more? Of course you do. Evan’s Boom Bap & Blues LP, produced entirely by Statik Selektah, is now available on iTunes. Should you need more convincing, feel free to stream the album right here at The DJBooth.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Jared’s Rik Cordero-directed Black and White visual.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.