Jared Evan’s Joey BadA$$-assisted single, Black and White, is a little like, well, black and white. Both are polar opposites, but when they’re fused together nothing looks (sounds) better. Evan displays soft, vulnerable vocals, splashed with just a touch of R&B, while BadA$$, who was recently named the Creative Director of Ecko Unltd (at just 18!), has a very grimy style, but alongside one another they sound like a match made in musical heaven. Of course it probably doesn’t hurt to have a supremely dope, vintage beat from Statik Selektah boom-bapping in the background. Want more? Of course you do. Evan’s Boom Bap & Blues LP, produced entirely by Statik Selektah, is now available on iTunes. Should you need more convincing, feel free to stream the album right here at The DJBooth.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Jared’s Rik Cordero-directed Black and White visual.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/4/13
What’s in a name? That which we call a genre, by any other name would sound as dope. True, labels do have their place. Generally speaking it’s good to know if I’m listening to ATL trap or Mongolian folk music before I...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)