Though Jared Evan‘s brief stint at Interscope didn’t result in the release of an LP, it did yield some quality songs—several of which we’ve already featured in the Booth. Today, the longtime reader fave dusts off another jam from that period of his career. Better Now finds the multi-talented Brooklynite saying bittersweet goodbyes to a woman in his life. iLLfactor mans the mixing boards, pairing delicate keys with muscular boom-bap percussion. While this poignant cut is just a loosie, those feeling it will be happy to hear that Evan is currently working on an official debut album. Watch our pages for more info on the project, which currently lacks both a title and a drop date.
Written by richard on 06/3/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.