Though Jared Evan‘s brief stint at Interscope didn’t result in the release of an LP, it did yield some quality songs—several of which we’ve already featured in the Booth. Today, the longtime reader fave dusts off another jam from that period of his career. Better Now finds the multi-talented Brooklynite saying bittersweet goodbyes to a woman in his life. iLLfactor mans the mixing boards, pairing delicate keys with muscular boom-bap percussion. While this poignant cut is just a loosie, those feeling it will be happy to hear that Evan is currently working on an official debut album. Watch our pages for more info on the project, which currently lacks both a title and a drop date.
Written by richard on 06/3/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.