Though Jared Evan‘s brief stint at Interscope didn’t result in the release of an LP, it did yield some quality songs—several of which we’ve already featured in the Booth. Today, the longtime reader fave dusts off another jam from that period of his career. Better Now finds the multi-talented Brooklynite saying bittersweet goodbyes to a woman in his life. iLLfactor mans the mixing boards, pairing delicate keys with muscular boom-bap percussion. While this poignant cut is just a loosie, those feeling it will be happy to hear that Evan is currently working on an official debut album. Watch our pages for more info on the project, which currently lacks both a title and a drop date.
Written by richard on 06/3/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.