Though Jared Evan‘s brief stint at Interscope didn’t result in the release of an LP, it did yield some quality songs—several of which we’ve already featured in the Booth. Today, the longtime reader fave dusts off another jam from that period of his career. Better Now finds the multi-talented Brooklynite saying bittersweet goodbyes to a woman in his life. iLLfactor mans the mixing boards, pairing delicate keys with muscular boom-bap percussion. While this poignant cut is just a loosie, those feeling it will be happy to hear that Evan is currently working on an official debut album. Watch our pages for more info on the project, which currently lacks both a title and a drop date.
Written by richard on 06/3/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)