For many recording artists on the rise, the path to success is so long and winding that they start to feel like kids on a cross-country road trip. Multi-talented reader fave Jared Evan is evidently getting a little restless, as his latest feature finds him leaning over to ask the driver, “Are We Almost There Yet?” Single numero uno off his forthcoming collaborative album with Statik Selektah, this joint is an impatient, yet upbeat meditation on the hustle. The Boston DJ/producer gorgeous soul samples set the mood as Evan revisits his career’s ups and downs to date, and looks forward to taking his hustle to the next level. Featuring guest appearances from Joey Bada$$, Action Bronson, Hoodie Allen and more, Boom Bap & Blues is scheduled to hit The DJBooth for free streaming and digital purchase February 26.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Jared Evan’s Rik Cordero-directed Are We Almost There Yet? visual.
Written by richard on 05/1/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What I Want" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.