As the niece of late R&B legend Bobby Womack and the great-granddaughter of the incomparable Sam Cooke, Ja’Rae has music in her blood. While good genetics don’t always lead to artistic talent, it certainly seems to have worked out that way in this case, judging by new single and debut DJBooth feature Sound of a Woman. Featured in conjunction with some poignant visuals by director Yannique Barker (aka Miami veteran $tacks), this cut finds producers FX, CB and YB serving up a gentle, doo wop-infused beat as Ja’Rae addresses caustic sung and flowed verses to a predatory, controlling ex-man. Feeling it? Then stay tuned for more fresh tunes leading up to the January 2015 release of the artist’s New Paradigms LP via SoBe Entertainment.
Written by richard on 08/21/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.