This month we launched our new Top Prospects series highlighting new artists you need to have on your radar, and as part of the series we’ll be giving you an exclusive track from each Top Prospect. First up, Janine & The Mixtape, who sat down with us in New York City for a live, acoustic version of her Hold Me single. I already wrote 1,000 words on Janine, but one video is worth more than all of them: no studio tricks, just a guitar and Janine’s undeniable voice. Enjoy, subscribe to DJBoothTV for more awesome video, and keep an ear out from other upcoming exclusives from our Prospects, culminating in an exclusive EP at the end of the month.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/7/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.