This month we launched our new Top Prospects series highlighting new artists you need to have on your radar, and as part of the series we’ll be giving you an exclusive track from each Top Prospect. First up, Janine & The Mixtape, who sat down with us in New York City for a live, acoustic version of her Hold Me single. I already wrote 1,000 words on Janine, but one video is worth more than all of them: no studio tricks, just a guitar and Janine’s undeniable voice. Enjoy, subscribe to DJBoothTV for more awesome video, and keep an ear out from other upcoming exclusives from our Prospects, culminating in an exclusive EP at the end of the month.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/7/14
Submit your Rating
Little Mixtape Records/Atlantic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hold Me" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.