It’s only been a Little Bit of time (just under a month, in fact) since Janine & the Mixtape introduced herself to our pages with reader-approved promo single Hold Me, but the Auckland, New Zealand pop songstress is already back with Booth feature numero dos. Whereas its predecessor was a heartfelt ballad, this record has a slightly harder edge. Over slinky synths and hip-hop percussion, the artist languidly reflects on a failed relationship. In addition to writing, producing and performing the song, Janine showcases her cinematic chops, directing the cut’s moody visuals with the help of Anthony Plant. For Little Bit and much more, check out the Dark Mind EP, released last summer and available now from online retailers.
Written by richard on 05/21/14
Submit your Rating
Little Mixtape Records/Atlantic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hold Me" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.