It’s only been a Little Bit of time (just under a month, in fact) since Janine & the Mixtape introduced herself to our pages with reader-approved promo single Hold Me, but the Auckland, New Zealand pop songstress is already back with Booth feature numero dos. Whereas its predecessor was a heartfelt ballad, this record has a slightly harder edge. Over slinky synths and hip-hop percussion, the artist languidly reflects on a failed relationship. In addition to writing, producing and performing the song, Janine showcases her cinematic chops, directing the cut’s moody visuals with the help of Anthony Plant. For Little Bit and much more, check out the Dark Mind EP, released last summer and available now from online retailers.
Written by richard on 05/21/14
Submit your Rating
Little Mixtape Records/Atlantic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hold Me" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.