It’s only been a Little Bit of time (just under a month, in fact) since Janine & the Mixtape introduced herself to our pages with reader-approved promo single Hold Me, but the Auckland, New Zealand pop songstress is already back with Booth feature numero dos. Whereas its predecessor was a heartfelt ballad, this record has a slightly harder edge. Over slinky synths and hip-hop percussion, the artist languidly reflects on a failed relationship. In addition to writing, producing and performing the song, Janine showcases her cinematic chops, directing the cut’s moody visuals with the help of Anthony Plant. For Little Bit and much more, check out the Dark Mind EP, released last summer and available now from online retailers.
Written by richard on 05/21/14
Submit your Rating
Little Mixtape Records/Atlantic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hold Me" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)