It’s only been a Little Bit of time (just under a month, in fact) since Janine & the Mixtape introduced herself to our pages with reader-approved promo single Hold Me, but the Auckland, New Zealand pop songstress is already back with Booth feature numero dos. Whereas its predecessor was a heartfelt ballad, this record has a slightly harder edge. Over slinky synths and hip-hop percussion, the artist languidly reflects on a failed relationship. In addition to writing, producing and performing the song, Janine showcases her cinematic chops, directing the cut’s moody visuals with the help of Anthony Plant. For Little Bit and much more, check out the Dark Mind EP, released last summer and available now from online retailers.
Written by richard on 05/21/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.