Now that more and more movies are getting remade, I’m starting to think that a Titanic remake is definitely going to happen. If it does, potential producers may want to check out Hold Me, a new video single from Auckland, NZ native Janine and the Mixtape, for placement on the film’s soundtrack. For her debut feature here at The DJBooth, Janine shows her vulnerable side by admitting she needs someone by her side to catch her tears before they hit the ground and to stick around after she reveals her darkest memories. Her passion comes through the embrace between her and her man, which intensifies as the music (co-produced by The 83rd) plays behind her. As the lead in her video, which she co-directs with Anthony Plant, J&TM proves that she may even be a strong candidate for the role of Rose. Who knows, maybe acting is also in her future? You can find Hold Me on Janine’s Dark Mind EP, independently released to iTunes last July.
Written by Bryan H on 04/23/14
Submit your Rating
Little Mixtape Records/Atlantic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Little Bit" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.