Now that more and more movies are getting remade, I’m starting to think that a Titanic remake is definitely going to happen. If it does, potential producers may want to check out Hold Me, a new video single from Auckland, NZ native Janine and the Mixtape, for placement on the film’s soundtrack. For her debut feature here at The DJBooth, Janine shows her vulnerable side by admitting she needs someone by her side to catch her tears before they hit the ground and to stick around after she reveals her darkest memories. Her passion comes through the embrace between her and her man, which intensifies as the music (co-produced by The 83rd) plays behind her. As the lead in her video, which she co-directs with Anthony Plant, J&TM proves that she may even be a strong candidate for the role of Rose. Who knows, maybe acting is also in her future? You can find Hold Me on Janine’s Dark Mind EP, independently released to iTunes last July.
Written by Bryan H on 04/23/14
Submit your Rating
Little Mixtape Records/Atlantic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Little Bit" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.