While Janet Jackson has experimented with numerous sub-genres during her lengthy career, there are two in particular which remain most dominant. With her synchronized one-with-the-music style being used on the first single (Feedback) off the upcoming Discipline, the album’s second single, Luv, emphasizes her delicate R&B talent. Although some listeners might struggle to hear Janet’s soft vocals over a loud keyboard beat courtesy of Rodney “Darkchild” Jerkins, it merely emphasizes the point Jackson is trying to make within the confines of her lyrics. Be on the lookout for more of Janet’s best of both worlds style when Discipline drops on February 26.
Written by Burmy on 02/4/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.