While Janet Jackson has experimented with numerous sub-genres during her lengthy career, there are two in particular which remain most dominant. With her synchronized one-with-the-music style being used on the first single (Feedback) off the upcoming Discipline, the album’s second single, Luv, emphasizes her delicate R&B talent. Although some listeners might struggle to hear Janet’s soft vocals over a loud keyboard beat courtesy of Rodney “Darkchild” Jerkins, it merely emphasizes the point Jackson is trying to make within the confines of her lyrics. Be on the lookout for more of Janet’s best of both worlds style when Discipline drops on February 26.
Written by Burmy on 02/4/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.