While Janet Jackson has experimented with numerous sub-genres during her lengthy career, there are two in particular which remain most dominant. With her synchronized one-with-the-music style being used on the first single (Feedback) off the upcoming Discipline, the album’s second single, Luv, emphasizes her delicate R&B talent. Although some listeners might struggle to hear Janet’s soft vocals over a loud keyboard beat courtesy of Rodney “Darkchild” Jerkins, it merely emphasizes the point Jackson is trying to make within the confines of her lyrics. Be on the lookout for more of Janet’s best of both worlds style when Discipline drops on February 26.
Written by Burmy on 02/4/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)