In 1999, Busta Rhymes reached out to Janet Jackson for assistance on his single, What’s It Gonna Be?! Their collaborative efforts helped Rhymes’ song shoot to the top of the Billboard charts. (Fun Fact: To this day, the Hype Williams-directed video is still one of the most expensive to ever be shot, costing more than $2 million). Now nine years later, Janet has reached out to Busta for a remix guest appearance, hoping their magic is still alive enough to help Janet continue on her path back to industry supremacy. On this, the second remix to Feedback, Busta’s contribution is off the top of Rodney “Darkchild” Jerkins futuristic beat; perfect for any DJ to mix into their club gig. Discipline is in stores now.
Written by DJ Z on 03/4/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.