Soul meets big band in Janelle Monáe‘s new song, Sincerely Jane. However, don’t let the eclectic music distract from the message Janelle is trying to deliver on this, her first “suite” release, The Chase. Singing about drugs, violence and the lack of true life and love, there isn’t anything the Kansas City, Kansas native doesn’t feel comfortable covering. The “suite” is Janelle’s way of delivering music in which, instead of releasing several songs on one album per year, she will release only a few songs in a “suite” four times a year. Whether this system will work out for the singer has yet to be determined, but, regardless, Sincerely Jane should grab the attention of every listener, whether for the music or for the truth she speaks.
Written by Angela on 04/16/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Come Alive (The War of the Roses)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.