Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Has it really been three whole years since Janelle Monáe unleashed her electrifying major-label debut, The ArchAndroid, upon an unsuspecting populace? To answer my own rhetorical question: damn near. Having kept in fighting form by collaborating with the likes of Estelle and Big Boi, the Wondaland/Bad Boy hits the ground running with the lead single off LP numéro deux. An electro-funk anthem for the proudly eccentric, Q.U.E.E.N. finds Monáe delivering sung and rapped bars over the shapeshifting production work of Nate Wonder and Chuck Lightning. Veteran neo-soul songstress Erykah Badu lends a hand on the vocal tip. Has this left-of-center banger left you craving more? Then keep it locked; Electric Lady as yet lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with fresh tunes and release details as they emerge.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Janelle Monáe’s Alan Ferguson-directed Q.U.E.E.N. visual.
Written by richard on 05/1/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sincerely Jane" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.