Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Has it really been three whole years since Janelle Monáe unleashed her electrifying major-label debut, The ArchAndroid, upon an unsuspecting populace? To answer my own rhetorical question: damn near. Having kept in fighting form by collaborating with the likes of Estelle and Big Boi, the Wondaland/Bad Boy hits the ground running with the lead single off LP numéro deux. An electro-funk anthem for the proudly eccentric, Q.U.E.E.N. finds Monáe delivering sung and rapped bars over the shapeshifting production work of Nate Wonder and Chuck Lightning. Veteran neo-soul songstress Erykah Badu lends a hand on the vocal tip. Has this left-of-center banger left you craving more? Then keep it locked; Electric Lady as yet lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with fresh tunes and release details as they emerge.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Janelle Monáe’s Alan Ferguson-directed Q.U.E.E.N. visual.
Written by richard on 05/1/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sincerely Jane" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.