Ever since Bad Boy’s Janelle Monáe broke out on the scene with her electric stylings in 2010, music lovers across the world have been enamored with the energy she brings to the table. So, naturally, hooking up with the subtle yet soulful Miguel would create the perfect ying to Monáe yang. Keyword being “perfect.” This balance is achieved on her latest single, PrimeTime. The production, courtesy of album collaborators Chuck Lightening, Nate Wonder and Roman Gianarth, sounds as if it were inspired by the early-90s R&B classics, allowing the vocalists to do what they do best; produce a simultaneously relaxing and exciting duet. If Monáe has more in store for us like this before the September 10, release of Electric Lady, you’ll be able to count it as one of the year’s most highly-anticipated and well-received.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Janelle Monáe’s Alan Ferguson-directed PrimeTime visual.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sincerely Jane" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.