Has your muse been playing hooky lately? Hit play on Jamla Records’ latest compilation single and Be Inspired! OK, I can’t guarantee that a listen to this cut will free you of all creative blockages, but its refreshing sound can only improve your mental state. As on the recently-featured No Competition, in-house beatsmith Khrysis mans the boards. His dreamy, compulsively listenable string loops back Jamla signee Rapsody, hip-hop veteran Pete Rock and gospel-rap heavyweight Lecrae as they share some wide-ranging reflections on life, the creative process and the ever-present scourge of haterdom. Jamla Is the Squad is slated to drop digitally next Tuesday, January 28. The DJBooth will be selling a NO DJ version of the project, complete with bonus tracks.
Written by richard on 01/24/14
Lead by legendary producer 9th Wonder, over the last few years Jamla Records has emerged as one of the dopest indie labels working. To prove it, the North Carolina label has released their new compilation album, Jamla is the...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Competition" (2014)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.