Has your muse been playing hooky lately? Hit play on Jamla Records’ latest compilation single and Be Inspired! OK, I can’t guarantee that a listen to this cut will free you of all creative blockages, but its refreshing sound can only improve your mental state. As on the recently-featured No Competition, in-house beatsmith Khrysis mans the boards. His dreamy, compulsively listenable string loops back Jamla signee Rapsody, hip-hop veteran Pete Rock and gospel-rap heavyweight Lecrae as they share some wide-ranging reflections on life, the creative process and the ever-present scourge of haterdom. Jamla Is the Squad is slated to drop digitally next Tuesday, January 28. The DJBooth will be selling a NO DJ version of the project, complete with bonus tracks.
Written by richard on 01/24/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Competition" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.