Valedictorian, Olympic gold medalist, number-one rapper: which one of these things is not like the other? Since you’re at DJBooth, if you guessed rapper, you’d be correct. Why? Because even when a rapper reaches number-one, their top spot can still be swiped by someone bigger and better – the race is never over. That’s why, as London-born, New York-based rapper Jamieson says, it’s extremely important to Keep Up. For his first Booth feature, Jamieson (who, might I say, sounds like Slim Shady circa 2000) enlists the help of The Natural Emilio Rojas to convince us that keeping moving in the race to the top is the key to success. Both emcees ride the pulsating, street-jazziness of DJ Static’s production with ease, but more importantly, both Jamieson and Rojas fit into the track’s big picture like puzzle pieces – that number one spot can’t be far away for either of them. Keep Up can be found on Jamieson’s I Came, I Saw (Vol. 1) EP, due out later this month. Keep it locked for more details.
Written by Matty K on 06/8/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Told You So" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.