Valedictorian, Olympic gold medalist, number-one rapper: which one of these things is not like the other? Since you’re at DJBooth, if you guessed rapper, you’d be correct. Why? Because even when a rapper reaches number-one, their top spot can still be swiped by someone bigger and better – the race is never over. That’s why, as London-born, New York-based rapper Jamieson says, it’s extremely important to Keep Up. For his first Booth feature, Jamieson (who, might I say, sounds like Slim Shady circa 2000) enlists the help of The Natural Emilio Rojas to convince us that keeping moving in the race to the top is the key to success. Both emcees ride the pulsating, street-jazziness of DJ Static’s production with ease, but more importantly, both Jamieson and Rojas fit into the track’s big picture like puzzle pieces – that number one spot can’t be far away for either of them. Keep Up can be found on Jamieson’s I Came, I Saw (Vol. 1) EP, due out later this month. Keep it locked for more details.
Written by Matty K on 06/8/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Told You So" (2012)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)