Valedictorian, Olympic gold medalist, number-one rapper: which one of these things is not like the other? Since you’re at DJBooth, if you guessed rapper, you’d be correct. Why? Because even when a rapper reaches number-one, their top spot can still be swiped by someone bigger and better – the race is never over. That’s why, as London-born, New York-based rapper Jamieson says, it’s extremely important to Keep Up. For his first Booth feature, Jamieson (who, might I say, sounds like Slim Shady circa 2000) enlists the help of The Natural Emilio Rojas to convince us that keeping moving in the race to the top is the key to success. Both emcees ride the pulsating, street-jazziness of DJ Static’s production with ease, but more importantly, both Jamieson and Rojas fit into the track’s big picture like puzzle pieces – that number one spot can’t be far away for either of them. Keep Up can be found on Jamieson’s I Came, I Saw (Vol. 1) EP, due out later this month. Keep it locked for more details.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Told You So" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.