I’m a pretty confident guy, but sometimes I need theme music to become truly sure of myself. If only songs like Winner could play every time I walked into a room I’d be all set. Singer turned actor turned hitmaker Jamie Foxx returns with another anthem that exudes coolness and swagger. Recruiting pop sensation Justin Timberlake for vocal and beat work (JT is a part of a sound ensemble called The Y’s along with James Fauntleroy and Rob Knox), Foxx performs yet another radio-ready magic trick; he seems to just pull hits out of his, um, hat these days. The victorious horns on Winner make its confident lyrics that much more believable as Jamie and Justin both boast that they “can’t miss, can’t lose.” However, the real MVP of this song is T.I., who comes back from prison stronger than Mike Tyson with a verse dripping with swagger. If you like this song and want to roll with the winners, you can request this song at radio now or wait for Jamie Foxx’s upcoming album Body to hit stores on June 22!
Written by Quentin Cuff on 03/24/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Please Excuse My Hands ft. Jamie Foxx & The-Dream" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.