Featured right before our holiday hiatus, potential album inclusion Marching On proved to be a little too paint-by-numbers for Jamie Foxx’ fans in the Booth. Having struck out on the “sweeping ballad” front, the actor/singer’s drawn up a new battle plan – one that seems to involve… post-hypnotic suggestion? On this newly-leaked potential single, Foxx commands his legions of loyal fans “Go Straight to the Dance Floor, when you hear that sound.,” delivering his orders in a fittingly robotic monotone. If the headliner’s mesmerizing vocals, backed by the springy, synth-drenched production stylings of Los Da Mystro, don’t draw you out onto the floor, the high-profile guest feature should do the trick – Weezy F. steps up to the mic on the back end, comparing himself to a “young Lenny Kravitz” in his brief closing verse. Is GSttDF destined to be Jamie Foxx’ next club smash? I’ll let you be the judge and jury. Whatever your take, keep it locked to the Booth for the latest on the singer’s forthcoming Body LP, scheduled to hit stores March 2.
Written by richard on 01/3/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Please Excuse My Hands ft. Jamie Foxx & The-Dream" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.