Featured right before our holiday hiatus, potential album inclusion Marching On proved to be a little too paint-by-numbers for Jamie Foxx’ fans in the Booth. Having struck out on the “sweeping ballad” front, the actor/singer’s drawn up a new battle plan – one that seems to involve… post-hypnotic suggestion? On this newly-leaked potential single, Foxx commands his legions of loyal fans “Go Straight to the Dance Floor, when you hear that sound.,” delivering his orders in a fittingly robotic monotone. If the headliner’s mesmerizing vocals, backed by the springy, synth-drenched production stylings of Los Da Mystro, don’t draw you out onto the floor, the high-profile guest feature should do the trick – Weezy F. steps up to the mic on the back end, comparing himself to a “young Lenny Kravitz” in his brief closing verse. Is GSttDF destined to be Jamie Foxx’ next club smash? I’ll let you be the judge and jury. Whatever your take, keep it locked to the Booth for the latest on the singer’s forthcoming Body LP, scheduled to hit stores March 2.
Written by richard on 01/3/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Please Excuse My Hands ft. Jamie Foxx & The-Dream" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.