I know I’m gonna have to address this sooner or later, so we might as well get it over with. Here’s the deal: if you wants us to stop posting tracks from Gucci Mane, tell your favorite artists to stop putting him on their tracks. After all, when one of the most famous actors/rappers alive, Jamie Foxx, includes Gucci on his new single Speak French, we have to post it. Gucci overload aside, Speak French features production by Bangladesh, whose production work is so minor it’s barely there, more than a couple complete tempo changes, some decent vocal work from Foxx, absolutely no actual French and, yes, a verse from Gucci, who does spit a pretty hilarious line involving a camera and his penis. But seriously, how does a track called Speak French include literally no French? Regardless, Speak French is off of Foxx’s upcoming, untitled album, due out in the beginning of 2010. Let’s hope the album’s better – much better – than this.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/5/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Please Excuse My Hands ft. Jamie Foxx & The-Dream" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.