I know I’m gonna have to address this sooner or later, so we might as well get it over with. Here’s the deal: if you wants us to stop posting tracks from Gucci Mane, tell your favorite artists to stop putting him on their tracks. After all, when one of the most famous actors/rappers alive, Jamie Foxx, includes Gucci on his new single Speak French, we have to post it. Gucci overload aside, Speak French features production by Bangladesh, whose production work is so minor it’s barely there, more than a couple complete tempo changes, some decent vocal work from Foxx, absolutely no actual French and, yes, a verse from Gucci, who does spit a pretty hilarious line involving a camera and his penis. But seriously, how does a track called Speak French include literally no French? Regardless, Speak French is off of Foxx’s upcoming, untitled album, due out in the beginning of 2010. Let’s hope the album’s better – much better – than this.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/5/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Please Excuse My Hands ft. Jamie Foxx & The-Dream" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)