I’ve always found the “Love Is War” concept a little lopsided. I mean, try to imagine a soldier on the front lines in Afghanistan or Iraq turning to his buddy and saying, “Hey, this is exactly like a difficult relationship!” Not too plausible. Be that as it may, the comparison’s been enjoying a resurgence of popularity in urban music. Following in the footsteps of such artists as Sean Kingston, Jordin Sparks, Amerie and Sade, Jamie Foxx takes up arms against the disintegration of a relationship on potential album inclusion Marching On. Backed by The Underdogs’ subdued, piano-led boardwork, Foxx explains just how hard he’s willing to fight for the heart of his special someone. Fittingly, singer-songwriter-producer Tank provides backing, um, fire throughout the record. Violent lyrics aside, this track is sweeping R&B balladry in its purest form. Fans should keep it locked to the Booth for the latest on Foxx’ forthcoming senior album, tentatively titled Body and set to drop March 10, of next year.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Please Excuse My Hands ft. Jamie Foxx & The-Dream" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.