I’ve always found the “Love Is War” concept a little lopsided. I mean, try to imagine a soldier on the front lines in Afghanistan or Iraq turning to his buddy and saying, “Hey, this is exactly like a difficult relationship!” Not too plausible. Be that as it may, the comparison’s been enjoying a resurgence of popularity in urban music. Following in the footsteps of such artists as Sean Kingston, Jordin Sparks, Amerie and Sade, Jamie Foxx takes up arms against the disintegration of a relationship on potential album inclusion Marching On. Backed by The Underdogs’ subdued, piano-led boardwork, Foxx explains just how hard he’s willing to fight for the heart of his special someone. Fittingly, singer-songwriter-producer Tank provides backing, um, fire throughout the record. Violent lyrics aside, this track is sweeping R&B balladry in its purest form. Fans should keep it locked to the Booth for the latest on Foxx’ forthcoming senior album, tentatively titled Body and set to drop March 10, of next year.
Written by richard on 12/21/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Please Excuse My Hands ft. Jamie Foxx & The-Dream" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.