This week, Jamie Foxx and Rick Ross decide to mix it up and make music devoted to wealth and living extravagantly. Okay, so it’s not that big of a surprise (and it begs the question of where they stand in the “real rich” vs. “rap rich” debate featured on RefinedHype last week). Regardless of the actual size of their bank accounts, Foxx and Ross assure the opposite sex that they’ll be Living Better Now with their company. It’s Bink!’s production work that truly makes the song, cleverly inserting a sample from Biggie’s Big Poppa (oh, you’ve heard of it?) into a minimalistic and banging beat, but Foxx’s solid through relatively unremarkable singing and some trademark deep-voiced rhymes from one-half of the Bugatti Boyz do well enough to ensure some club spins with this lavish lifestyle anthem: “I got houses, hobbies, and homes in Abu Dhabi/ never go wrong, I GPS my Ferrari.” If you enjoyed this girl-stealing anthem, be sure to check keep an eye out for Foxx’s latest, repeatedly delayed album, Body, due to finally drop December 14.
Written by Sigurd on 10/17/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Please Excuse My Hands ft. Jamie Foxx & The-Dream" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.