This week, Jamie Foxx and Rick Ross decide to mix it up and make music devoted to wealth and living extravagantly. Okay, so it’s not that big of a surprise (and it begs the question of where they stand in the “real rich” vs. “rap rich” debate featured on RefinedHype last week). Regardless of the actual size of their bank accounts, Foxx and Ross assure the opposite sex that they’ll be Living Better Now with their company. It’s Bink!’s production work that truly makes the song, cleverly inserting a sample from Biggie’s Big Poppa (oh, you’ve heard of it?) into a minimalistic and banging beat, but Foxx’s solid through relatively unremarkable singing and some trademark deep-voiced rhymes from one-half of the Bugatti Boyz do well enough to ensure some club spins with this lavish lifestyle anthem: “I got houses, hobbies, and homes in Abu Dhabi/ never go wrong, I GPS my Ferrari.” If you enjoyed this girl-stealing anthem, be sure to check keep an eye out for Foxx’s latest, repeatedly delayed album, Body, due to finally drop December 14.
Written by Sigurd on 10/17/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Please Excuse My Hands ft. Jamie Foxx & The-Dream" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.