Though Jamie Foxx has been enjoying a high-charting hot streak with moderate hit Just Like Me and its immensely successful follow-up, Blame It (Remix), longtime have begun to worry that he’s abandoned his soulful sound to chase pop success. These devotees will be glad to hear that, on the latest single, Jamie has struck a perfect balance between mainstream appeal and classic soul. Being a household name, he knows that groupie love is like “a glass of hot water in the desert” or “a snow machine on the North Pole”; in other words, he responds to the relentless come-ons with a simple, “I Don’t Need It.” Singing in a style reminiscent of his Oscar-winning Ray Charles portrayal, Jamie is backed by the percussion-heavy beat and background vocals of superproducer Timbaland. A record with potential to become Foxx’ biggest crossover hit yet, I Don’t Need It can be found on junior album Intuition (out now).
Written by Burmy on 04/14/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Please Excuse My Hands ft. Jamie Foxx & The-Dream" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.