Though Jamie Foxx has been enjoying a high-charting hot streak with moderate hit Just Like Me and its immensely successful follow-up, Blame It (Remix), longtime have begun to worry that he’s abandoned his soulful sound to chase pop success. These devotees will be glad to hear that, on the latest single, Jamie has struck a perfect balance between mainstream appeal and classic soul. Being a household name, he knows that groupie love is like “a glass of hot water in the desert” or “a snow machine on the North Pole”; in other words, he responds to the relentless come-ons with a simple, “I Don’t Need It.” Singing in a style reminiscent of his Oscar-winning Ray Charles portrayal, Jamie is backed by the percussion-heavy beat and background vocals of superproducer Timbaland. A record with potential to become Foxx’ biggest crossover hit yet, I Don’t Need It can be found on junior album Intuition (out now).
Written by Burmy on 04/14/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Please Excuse My Hands ft. Jamie Foxx & The-Dream" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.