Though Jamie Foxx has been enjoying a high-charting hot streak with moderate hit Just Like Me and its immensely successful follow-up, Blame It (Remix), longtime have begun to worry that he’s abandoned his soulful sound to chase pop success. These devotees will be glad to hear that, on the latest single, Jamie has struck a perfect balance between mainstream appeal and classic soul. Being a household name, he knows that groupie love is like “a glass of hot water in the desert” or “a snow machine on the North Pole”; in other words, he responds to the relentless come-ons with a simple, “I Don’t Need It.” Singing in a style reminiscent of his Oscar-winning Ray Charles portrayal, Jamie is backed by the percussion-heavy beat and background vocals of superproducer Timbaland. A record with potential to become Foxx’ biggest crossover hit yet, I Don’t Need It can be found on junior album Intuition (out now).
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Please Excuse My Hands ft. Jamie Foxx & The-Dream" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.