On this brand-new remix of Jamie Foxx‘s Blame It, guest artist Yung Joc reveals what it is that he’s been drinking: “Patroose,” a cocktail consisting of equal parts Patron and Grey Goose. While this pricey, possibly treacherous concoction is unlikely to catch on with the Red Bull and vodka crowd, the Georgia emcee’s verse mixes perfectly with the liquor-soaked tale spun by Foxx and original collaborator T-Pain to make an already intoxicating record go down even more smoothly than before. Retained from the original, Christopher “Deep” Henderson‘s production adds to the sloppy-drunk ambience, pairing an erratic rhythm with dizzily-layered synths that burst into full bloom on T-Pain’s sweepingly garbled hook. This spirited remix has plenty of club appeal, making it a prime candidate for follow-up to Intuition‘s mellow lead single, Just Like Me.
Written by richard on 12/22/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Please Excuse My Hands ft. Jamie Foxx & The-Dream" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.