On this brand-new remix of Jamie Foxx‘s Blame It, guest artist Yung Joc reveals what it is that he’s been drinking: “Patroose,” a cocktail consisting of equal parts Patron and Grey Goose. While this pricey, possibly treacherous concoction is unlikely to catch on with the Red Bull and vodka crowd, the Georgia emcee’s verse mixes perfectly with the liquor-soaked tale spun by Foxx and original collaborator T-Pain to make an already intoxicating record go down even more smoothly than before. Retained from the original, Christopher “Deep” Henderson‘s production adds to the sloppy-drunk ambience, pairing an erratic rhythm with dizzily-layered synths that burst into full bloom on T-Pain’s sweepingly garbled hook. This spirited remix has plenty of club appeal, making it a prime candidate for follow-up to Intuition‘s mellow lead single, Just Like Me.
Written by richard on 12/22/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Please Excuse My Hands ft. Jamie Foxx & The-Dream" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.