On this brand-new remix of Jamie Foxx‘s Blame It, guest artist Yung Joc reveals what it is that he’s been drinking: “Patroose,” a cocktail consisting of equal parts Patron and Grey Goose. While this pricey, possibly treacherous concoction is unlikely to catch on with the Red Bull and vodka crowd, the Georgia emcee’s verse mixes perfectly with the liquor-soaked tale spun by Foxx and original collaborator T-Pain to make an already intoxicating record go down even more smoothly than before. Retained from the original, Christopher “Deep” Henderson‘s production adds to the sloppy-drunk ambience, pairing an erratic rhythm with dizzily-layered synths that burst into full bloom on T-Pain’s sweepingly garbled hook. This spirited remix has plenty of club appeal, making it a prime candidate for follow-up to Intuition‘s mellow lead single, Just Like Me.
Written by richard on 12/22/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Please Excuse My Hands ft. Jamie Foxx & The-Dream" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.