You may remember the Yung Joc-featuring remix of Jamie Foxx‘s boozy Blame It, which I cited as a potential Intuition single. Well, I was half correct: Foxx’s latest single is a remix of Blame It, but not that one. As it turns out, this is the record’s official remix and Intuition‘s second single selection. While Yung Joc was a good addition to Jamie Foxx and T-Pain‘s original version, I’m sure you’ll agree that guest contributions by Busta Rhymes and Lil Wayne, as well as a brand new verse by T-Pain (relegated to the hook in the original) more than make up for his absence. As Busta’s mellowed-out verse focuses on the seductive dance moves of one very inebriated shawty, Weezy sounds like he’s been sipping on something a little more potent (I’ll give you three guesses, and the first two don’t count); on his Auto-Tuned 16 bars, he seems to think that he’s the drink. The previously-featured unofficial remix was relatively well-received by our raters – will the addition of two superstar emcees add a star or two to the record’s score this time around?
Written by richard on 01/15/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Please Excuse My Hands ft. Jamie Foxx & The-Dream" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.