You may remember the Yung Joc-featuring remix of Jamie Foxx‘s boozy Blame It, which I cited as a potential Intuition single. Well, I was half correct: Foxx’s latest single is a remix of Blame It, but not that one. As it turns out, this is the record’s official remix and Intuition‘s second single selection. While Yung Joc was a good addition to Jamie Foxx and T-Pain‘s original version, I’m sure you’ll agree that guest contributions by Busta Rhymes and Lil Wayne, as well as a brand new verse by T-Pain (relegated to the hook in the original) more than make up for his absence. As Busta’s mellowed-out verse focuses on the seductive dance moves of one very inebriated shawty, Weezy sounds like he’s been sipping on something a little more potent (I’ll give you three guesses, and the first two don’t count); on his Auto-Tuned 16 bars, he seems to think that he’s the drink. The previously-featured unofficial remix was relatively well-received by our raters – will the addition of two superstar emcees add a star or two to the record’s score this time around?
Written by richard on 01/15/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Please Excuse My Hands ft. Jamie Foxx & The-Dream" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.