You may remember the Yung Joc-featuring remix of Jamie Foxx‘s boozy Blame It, which I cited as a potential Intuition single. Well, I was half correct: Foxx’s latest single is a remix of Blame It, but not that one. As it turns out, this is the record’s official remix and Intuition‘s second single selection. While Yung Joc was a good addition to Jamie Foxx and T-Pain‘s original version, I’m sure you’ll agree that guest contributions by Busta Rhymes and Lil Wayne, as well as a brand new verse by T-Pain (relegated to the hook in the original) more than make up for his absence. As Busta’s mellowed-out verse focuses on the seductive dance moves of one very inebriated shawty, Weezy sounds like he’s been sipping on something a little more potent (I’ll give you three guesses, and the first two don’t count); on his Auto-Tuned 16 bars, he seems to think that he’s the drink. The previously-featured unofficial remix was relatively well-received by our raters – will the addition of two superstar emcees add a star or two to the record’s score this time around?
Written by richard on 01/15/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Please Excuse My Hands ft. Jamie Foxx & The-Dream" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.