Those in the mood for a tropical vacation but short on funds are in luck – today Jamie Foxx takes us to Brazil with his new record Fly Love, a song placed in the latest Blue Sky Films 3D computer-animated movie Rio, where Foxx is also featured as a voice of one of the characters. The movie is set in Rio de Janeiro and the influence of Brazil is apparent in Fly Love, with its traditional bossa nova styling from a currently unidentified producer. Vocally Jamie trades his signature robust delivery for a more quiet crooner style, a la Nat “King” Cole. It suits the overall theme and setting of the movie (birds in Rio, hence the title Fly Love - get it?) but it’s such a well composed song it could easily stand alone, much like the oft-covered signature theme Home from The Wiz. Once again, Foxx shows us his versatility, and he makes it look so easy – he’s just that good at what he does. We may not be in Rio, but this song makes it easy to pretend.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 04/12/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Please Excuse My Hands ft. Jamie Foxx & The-Dream" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.